Tuesday 11 September 2012

An overdue update

Hello all!

Just a quick update to explain my huge absence from the blog over the past few months.

Following a painfully long and intense battle with illness, my family and I sadly lost our beloved Yaya, the most wonderful grandfather that there ever was.

I had unfortunately already been losing my baking mojo and, as my Yaya was one of my favourite cake testers, I have since been unable to take myself back into the kitchen.

However, with the new series of the Great British Bake Off, I have no excuse to get back to it, especially as his favourite cherry cake was a Mary Berry classic!!

So, in a lasting promise to my handsome Yaya, I hereby announce my sleeves rolled up and the pinny back on!



4 comments:

Jo said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Granddad. It's always so hard losing a loved one.

My Granny used to be my chief cake tester too. When I started uni, we actually posted baking to each other! My flatmates thought it was hilarious. I always think she would have loved my little blog full of cakes.

Kim said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've seen a few people lose their baking mojo over the years after losing someone close, and I think it just goes to show how baking is so closely linked to the people we love. I'm sure your grandfather would be very happy to see you back in the kitchen though, and I'm sure you'll do him proud.

Victoria said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.xx

The Caked Crusader said...

Glad you're back. I know what it's like to lose one of your main eaters/fans - all the fun goes out of it.
I'm so sorry for what you've been through. I've been through it too this year so know the pain. All I can say is it gets easier - a tiny bit at a time...and your grandfather wouldn't have wanted you to stop baking.
Welcome back. Take a deep breath, wipe away the tears and get your pinny back on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...