Friday 13 April 2012

Clandestine Cake Club- March 2012

I have once again stumbled upon that time of year where I have several deadlines looming over me. My apologies for the lack of posts over the past few weeks, I'm a bit stressed and seem to spend hours over my laptop writing about David Cameron and Bridget Jones, such a peculiar combination!

As you all know, Clandestine Cake Club is massive at the moment and last month, I was lucky enough to attend my first one! The theme was 'Baking with Beverages' and my, what a creative lot we are!







There were a lovely selection of cakes but I only managed to get a few photos as my brother and I were too busy filling our faces! I made a Pink Lemonade cake, playing on the lemon and raspberry flavours. My 'rival' cake was a Lemonade Cake and it was beautiful, it even had sugary crystals!




My 'Pink Lemonade' cake was a classic lemon victoria sponge, layered with raspberry creme, lemon curd and raspberries. I got some great feedback from some wonderful people and I can't wait to go back! My thinking cap is on for next month...

6 comments:

Jo said...

Your cake looks delicious. I'll have to add some raspberries to my next lemon bake.

Hope you're doing ok with all your deadlines. My only word of advice is that chocolate covered digestives make essay/dissertation writing much more bearable!

Rachael said...

It was soo tart, it was delicious!

I'm losing the will to live! Am currently living off tea, bagels and chocolate, such is the life! :) xxxx

Cats_cupcakes said...

Your cake looks fab :) I keep hearing so much about clandestine cake clubs - i really need to get down to my local one and see what its all about!

MissCakeBaker said...

I have to go to a ccc as they sound great! Your cake looks lovely.

Bee said...

Mmmm, those cakes do look good! With deadlines, I'm afraid I'm always one of those people who bakes in order to procrastinate from doing any work!

The Caked Crusader said...

love the colours of your cake - so sunny and happy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...