Sunday 26 February 2012

Kinder Bueno Cupcakes- Take 2!

Every time I check my blog statistics, the numbers for my original Kinder Bueno cupcakes keep going up and up. This makes me feel like a very poor blogger as they really have nothing to do with the delicious bar besides a chunk on top!

And so along came the huge and continuing urge to redeem myself and create a real Kinder Bueno cupcake! This was easy; chocolate cupcake and hazelnut buttercream. But then came the quest on how to create the 'smooth milky and hazelnut' buttercream. At first I thought I'd use hazelnut flavoured Baileys but was unable to find a miniature version. I also wanted to eliminate alcohol so Frangelico was out of the question! Then, after what seemed like hours trailing around Newcastle, the idea struck- hazelnut syrup...


I used my favourite chocolate cupcake recipe from The Caked Crusader and also followed her step by step guide for making Swiss Meringue Buttercream which is hugely helpful even after you've made it several times!


The hazelnut syrup works really well with the buttercream, and provided a really subtle flavour, just like a Kinder Bueno! I added around 2 and a half teaspoons of syrup although you could add more for a stronger flavour


I'm really happy with these cupcakes, I feel like I've finally redeemed myself! Happy baking everyone!

6 comments:

MissCakeBaker said...

They look fantastic!

Jo said...

Yummy! It's annoying when you notice when one of your least flashy or successful bakes makes the top of your statistics. You've definitely redeemed yourself! I like the sound of hazelnut syrup in the icing.

Lauralovescakes said...

What a great idea!!! I will definitely make these at some point! :-)

The Caked Crusader said...

As a devotee of kinder bueno I am liking the look of these...and am delighted that my site has helped you with them!

Clare said...

They look really good and I love the idea of kinder bueno cupcakes! Yum will definitely have a go at making these sometime. Great blog!

Kim said...

Haha - I felt like this when I realised that most people came to my blog after searching for cake pops but I'd never actually made them. Now I feel worse as when I did make them they were a bit of a disaster! Ah well - you've redeemed yourself in style here, love your piping too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...