Monday 23 May 2011

Molten Mug Chocolate Cake

I am a great advocate of microwave cake! Well providing the recipe is right...


This recipe was not right, it was all wrong! Every time I've been desperate enough to resort to making microwave cake, I've used a recipe that my friend gave me over the phone and it was hurredly written down. Alas! I lost the recipe! And in a desperate time where I really needed cake, I had to turn to the internet.



The BBC Good Food website, where I found the recipe, claimed to have a 'melt in the middle' microwave cake, pah! I wish.. This cake was rubbery and sooo unsatisfying, a really poor effort, wish I had just made a proper cake!



You should always stick to what you know and love......

Should you want to try this, here's the recipe!

Ingredients:

1 coffee mug
4  tbsp plain flour
4  tbsp sugar
2  tbsp  cocoa
1 egg
3  tbsp  milk
3  tbsp  oil
Small splash of vanilla
3  tbsp chocolate chips, optional
1  teaspoon peanut butter, optional

Method:

Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well with a fork.
Add egg, mix throughly.
Pour in milk, oil and vanilla, mix well.
Add chocolate chips if desired. Push a dollop of peanut butter into the center of the batter if desired.
Put mug into microwave and cook for three minutes on 1000 watts. Cake will rise over top of mug. Allow to cool for 2 minutes

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...