Monday 23 May 2011

Poached Eggs in Clingfilm!

I am so so excited about this! I feel like I have made it to poached egg heaven!


You wouldn't believe that these were cooked in clingfilm, would you? Having tried my poaching pod tonnes of times and ended up with eggs that literally make me want to vom, I again turned to the internet and came across the guide to end all guides in terms of poached eggs. Someone had written a blog on all of the different ways to poach an egg, one of which was in clingfilm. I absolutely had to give it a go! Basically, get some microwave safe cling film and line a cup with it, put in a little oil and crack your egg into it. Then, pick up all sides and tie into a knot so you have an egg in a bag! Now you cook, for as long as you like! Absolutely divine......

Here's the website should you wish to read- http://www.b3ta.com/features/howtopoachanegg/

Enjoy!

2 comments:

The Caked Crusader said...

I know what you mean! I always worry when I see chef's on tv wrapping chicken in clingfilm and then boil it. It seems wrong!

Rachael said...

Boiling chicken is wrong full stop, and that's before we wrap it in clingfilm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...