Thursday 11 August 2011

Strawberry Yoghurt Cupcakes

I'd love to find the creator of these little beauties and thank him/her personally!



I find it's a rare occurrence to come across a cupcake that needs no form of icing, frosting or buttercream to add that 'je ne sais quoi' to it. This is one of those recipes...

Having had some left over strawberry yoghurt in my fridge before this blog was created (this is the second time I've made the cupcakes), I decided to let my imagination run away with me and google recipes for Strawberry Yoghurt Cupcakes. Admittedly, I don't remember the website exactly but I do, however, have a printed version of the recipe which reads 'Little Corner of Mine: Strawberry Yogurt Cupcakes' should you wish to find the website.

Despite the huge quantities of all ingredients needed, these cakes are worth the sin value! Although the recipe doesn't state how many cakes you would get, at last count I got 33 cupcakes!




Should you wish to add a frosting, I suggest a simple vanilla or even a strawberry one as I find that they lack somewhat in terms of a strawberry flavouring!

Ingredients:

Don't panic about the use of cups as a measurement, as long as you continue with the same cup throughout it should make no difference

A:  1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (I used plain)
      2 tsp baking powder
      1/4 tsp salt
      1 cup sugar
B:  3/4 cup strawberry flavoured yoghurt
      3 large eggs, whisked
      2 tbsp whole milk
      a drop of red food colouring
      1/2 cup canola oil- I read some bad reviews about this oil and it's many hazards so chose to substitute it with regular vegetable oil


Method:

Preheat oven to 350F (roughly 170C) and place your paper cases in the muffin pan
In a big bowl, add in all of A, mix to combine
Then, make a hole in the center and add in B, mix and blend until incorporated
Lastly, scoop the batter into each case until roughly 3/4 full
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer through the middle comes out clean
Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container in the fridge- if you don't do this, they become oily and sticky!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...