Friday 3 February 2012

A Little Bit of an Update

Not a lot to report on the old blog this week as my beloved KitchenAid has been away for repair and I've been practising my boyfriend's birthday cake. So today, I'll finally get around to showing you all of my lovely new baking goodies from Christmas and my Birthday!




My brother was on top form this xmas/birthday and got me a lot of the things that I had wanted for ages. Firstly, he got me the Fred M-cups which I have been dying to get my hands on! I hate having to avoid recipes that are in cup measurements but these little beauties separate into six different cup sizes and they're adorable! He also got me baking beans and the lovely mini heart tin, clearly a further hint towards making him a lemon meringue tart!

Among the pressies from my brother are the new tray bake pans from my aunt. My previous tray bake tin is more of a deep roasting tin and now I can make individual ones too! Thank God for Lakeland. I also received a cookbook stand from another aunt and a cake lifter from my parents though my dad couldn't quite understand what it was for!

Also in the picture is a little gift to myself, some Wilton nozzles. I am absolutely in love with the 1M and it really has made my icing swirls so much more perfect! I'm yet to use the 2D but can't wait...





As you can see, I got loads of new cookbooks! Im gradually making my way through them and have some exciting new posts coming up...


This present is genius! I'm forever finding recipes online and now I can write them down and keep them in this adorable tin. It came with loads of recipe cards for soups, starters, desserts etc.


This one was a present with no reason from my dad, how sweet! It has recipes for several types of pastries and is glass, so is great for keeping the pastry cold whilst rolling it out on the guides. I now have no excuse to keep buying pre-made pastry, do I?

Last but by no means least, is this little beauty from my brother...


I absolutely love this! It's so alike Kevin it's unreal, I can't wait to finally get it up on my wall. So, there you have them, all of my baking gifts from my gorgeous family!

5 comments:

Jo said...

What a lovely selection of gifts, it's great when your family know you so well and can buy the perfect presents. My brother got me the Edd Kimber book for Christmas too but I haven't ventured into it yet. There are some amazing layer cakes in it.

Hope Kevin is ok. Is he having an annual health check up or has he had an accident?

LPATRI11 said...

I've just come across your blog and have enjoyed browsing through your past bakes!
Look forward to seeing more from your new fab cookbooks! (Lucky you with all those great gifts- I especially like the picture from your brother)

The Caked Crusader said...

Now that is a bumper haul of pressies - hope Kevin gets well soon!

Rachael said...

Thanks everyone! Kevin is back home and working much better :)

Cupcake Crazy Gem said...

Wow what an awesome stash! I also just got those Fred M cups and I love them too! and I have that traybake pan from Lakeland and it's pretty cool for making uniform size brownies/bars! I'm jealous of your 2d nozzle..I'm after one of those too! and I'm definitely in need of a recipe book holder - that would come in so handy! Your brother definitely was on top form! I'm in love with that mixer print! I need to get around to posting my baking prezzies too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...